Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Does it hurt???

As you can see...the sling did not stop anything...especially eating!!!

Well...nothing like waiting for something exciting to happen to post again.I told myself I was going to make regular posts.....I guess I am tardy again.
We had our first "accident driven" visit to the Med clinic this past weekend. I am so glad my sweet girl does not know how to put sarcasm with her fabulous vocabulary....as mama feels like a real horse's patooty for asking the obvious question.
Mama also feels like a real horse's patooty for pushing my sweet girl on the swing like she was 5. We forget sometimes that she is only 2...well 2 1/2,but who is counting.
Parker forgot to hold on in mid-air and took a big fall of Nana's swing. She is so tough, that we almost did not take her to the Doctor, but we are glad we did because she has a
closed supracondylar fracture......which is a fancy name for her elbow. The clinic Doctor put her in a sling and said that would be enough. My anal nursing instincts required further attention so I brought the x-rays to work and they were seen by a pediatric orthopedic Doc----he put her in a cast this morning.
She was once again a very big girl...picked out her cast color,pink of course!!! As we were leaving the office,she so matter of factly says--"we go home home for scissors to cut it off." :)
She is doing great. I am sure things will not be very different except for she can't take her requested showers for 3 weeks. Oh, and she did fall into the toilet today for the first time--hard to only use on hand!!

And our post-cast breakfast at Chic-Fila!!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Glad to hear Parker did alright. Must take some pictures of her pretty pink cast, and get some sticker for decorating it!

Sarah said...

What a war story she will have to tell later. Aren't you glad you know who you know sometimes? Thank god for "work consults".